Living with Fabry Disease
Message from our Executive Chairman
We are a global biotechnology company at the forefront of advancing therapies for a range of rare and devastating diseases and our excellent team has a very big and a very bold vision.
Each program that we invest in has to have three key characteristics. It has to be in the rare diseases for a devastating disorder, the technology has to have the potential to be first in class or best in class, and the clinical data must be able to provide meaningful benefit for patients. As we pursue treatments for rare disorders, we maintain a personal and compassionate focus on patients, their caregivers, and families.
This personal and direct relationship with patients embodies the culture of our organization and drives what we do very passionately every day. Every biotech company says it’s focused on patients, but at Amicus we do it in a different way. You see it when you go to our offices around the world where we have pictures of patients with the diseases we treat accompanied by narratives about their struggles, identities, and lives.
How do we take that perspective and build it into every part of the business? All the way from team meetings to the board of directors, we try to make all our decisions as if we were living with these diseases or were a mom or dad or kid caring for someone with this disorder. What would be important to me as a patient? What would be a meaningful advancement or a risk I would take? We do more than say that we are patient focused – we live it.
That dedication to patients goes hand-in-hand with our dedication to ethics and compliance. You can’t have one without the other. Acting with integrity and complying with law ensures that everything we do for patients meets the highest standards of safety and professionalism.
What I am most proud of at Amicus is the resilience and persistence of our team. The ability to look to the future for our vision of what we want the company to be then engage in a journey of learning, adjustment, and focus takes a special type of person. My role is to set the vision and make sure that day to day it is achieved through extraordinary science, aligning priorities, and hiring the greatest people in the world to be here. Our passion unites us as we remain committed to helping those in need.
All the best,
John F. Crowley
Learn more about John and his family’s extraordinary journey
Amicus Founding Beliefs
In 2005, the employees of Amicus crafted a belief statement that would encompass our core values and remind us of the reason we do what we do every day.
These highly valued statements outline the fundamental beliefs that are crucial to understanding the passion and commitment behind Amicus. The statements below offer a set of standards that employees are proud to stand by, showcasing our bold nature and driven personalities.
- We seek to deliver the highest quality therapies for persons living with these diseases
- We support the disease communities – and their families
- We are passionate about what we do
- We encourage and embrace constant innovation
- We have a duty to obsolete our own technologies
- We push ideas as far and as fast as possible
- We take smart risks
- We work hard
- We keep asking the tough questions
- We will never be constrained by prior thinking
- We learn from our mistakes
- We think differently – very differently
- We are all owners of this business
- We are business led and science driven
- Maximizing value for our shareholders is the foundation of our future successes
- Our medicines must be fairly priced and broadly accessible
- We build strategic partnerships
- We will not lie, cheat or steal
- We take full responsibility for our actions
- Our passion for making a difference unites us
- Diversity of experience and thought is essential
- We communicate openly, honestly and respectfully
- Our families are part of the Amicus experience
- Work-life balance keeps us healthy
- We listen
- We have fun
Join our Team
Be inspired by people living with rare diseases across the globe.